Thursday, December 31, 2009
Sunday, December 27, 2009
- OSU athletics (more of a mutual hatred for OU)
- Health care reform bill (he works in politics and is very republican...i am not)
- Tiger Woods and his 17 girlfriends (if that is what you call them)
- Favorite Movie comparison...
Monday, December 14, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Friday, October 9, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Friday, September 4, 2009
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
This pre-date interview is brought to you by my favorite Canadian!
1) Who referred date # 16 to you? he is a repeat!
2 Have you done any background check on date #16? (facebook, myspace, twitter etc.) Actually, there has been little of this type of research conducted on this fella. I must be slacking
3) Does date #16 have any nicknames that you know of? like a nickname i have given him, or one that his friends use? Nothing I know of but I have referred to him as "the architect"
4) Are you running out of options for date activities in OKC? not yet, but I am a bit sick of Bricktown. Glad i am headed to western for tonight's date!
5) What is your worst pet peeve when it comes to dating? honestly, It feels like I am always leading the conversation. Either I talk to much or boys don't like to talk. I bet it is a bit of both...lol
6) Say you are at dinner and the check comes, who is reaching for it? I play this one by year. Most of the time I see where the waiter choses to set it. They normally set it with the bachelor. So...i just wait it out. I have paid a few times and offered numerous times. But no matter what..it always seems awkward!
7) If the date goes well, how long do you wait before scheduling a re-date? no written rule here. this is not a reality show and I have never read "THE RULES"
8) If you went on a “date” with a gay male would that still count towards the total 52? sadly no, one of the requirements was that he be straight.
9) If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "well played MJ!"
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Friday, August 28, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Monday, August 10, 2009
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Monday, July 27, 2009
Friday, July 24, 2009
Q. How did you meet Date 8/9?
Date 8 is a repeat dater from Date #6. Date#9 was recommended to me by a friend's boyfriend. He pulled through with a candidate after meeting me for the first time! Props to him for being on the ball with the date set up.
Date #9: Have not meet him as of yet...total blind date for this one! have not even seen a picture but i trust my friends to set me up with great people.
Q. How did he ask? Text, Facebook, email, call?
Date #8- We communicated through both text, facebook and phone call. Now that I have been on a date with him it was just general conversation
Date #9- Total phone call! :)
What is the plan for your date?
Date #8- Late night movie at Harkins! And hopefully some arcade games before. I have been craving some air hockey in my life lately.
Date #9- We spend some time debating on an actvity for this date! Since i am a sports fan, Date #9 suggested we go to the Redhawks game. Not sure of plans outside of the game just yet but a night at the ballpark is always a good time. (even if i don't LOVE baseball).
Q. The one thing Date 8/9 should know about you before the date? (Hopefully he’s reading the blog!)
Date #8- I think i figured most of those things out on the first date...but i do tend to laugh pretty loud in movies. (my friends from high school will attest to this habit...) I sometimes even pre-laugh before funny moments...ha!
Date #9- It is hard to narrow it down just to one thing....for those of you that actually know me, any suggestions on this one!
Q. Have you had any bad reactions from people when you tell them about the 52 in 52
Answer: Of course I have. It has been really interesting to see how everyone looks at the idea. Some people LOVE the idea and are totally on board. Others take time to warm up to it but find themselves asking about it or even reading this blog. There are a few negative nellies out there. They are entitled to their opinion and I respect that but I am trying to keep this a POSITIVE thing, so have chosen to not let any of that bother me. Can't please everyone...not every guy has the balls to be one of the 52. I get that...
Q.Thus far, what is the most important thing you have learned from this process?
Answer: Ohh honestly....a great deal. It may deserve an entire post to itself to truly answer this question.
Keep reading..the dating continues
Monday, July 20, 2009
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
Friday, July 10, 2009
True or False
1. You've been on a date with Date #7. TRUE..he was date #3
2. Are you breaking your parents only rule on this date? well this is not a true/false questions but technically yes, but it is the second date so I don’t feel it should always apply
3. You will wear pants on this date. True..that is the plan
4. The events that will take place on this date are a surprise. True
1. On this date you will:
A) go see a movie and finally eat popcorn
B) go to a romantic dinner, discuss your future, and possibly throw out some baby names
C) have a picnic in a public place (i.e. a park)
D) open the door, get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur
E) all of the above
F) none of the above
G) some combination of the above
Answer: G: some combination of the above! but I doubt I will eat popcorn at the movies. But the dinosaur walk in always a stand by option.
2. On this date you will:
A) wear a cute dress
B) wear flats
C) wear a cute dress with flats
D) wear pajamas
E) all of the above
F) none of the above
Answer: B: I will most likely wear flats since I am not sure what the plan is and with it being a surprise, I doubt a dress is the best plan.
Short answer essay:
Q. Please explain, in detail, how it is that you ended up on a second date with this man.
A. To be honest, I have hung out with Date #3 a few times since the initial date, but neither were official dates for that week. We had a great time on the first date and since I was already headed back to Kansas, (date #3 lives in KS) I thought it would be fun to go out again. So….repeat dater has been revealed.
Check the blog for more post Date #7/3 details!
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Q. Who set you up? Mary Jo- Gary- a friends husband
Q. What do you know about the guy? Mary Jo- That he works in a dentist office...thats all I got on this one.
Q. Where are you going on your date?Mary Jo- Dinner at The Mantel...not Mickey Mantels....I would be the one to go to the wrong restaurant
Q. If the conversation goes south, what is your backup topic? Mary Jo- 4th of July plans, Michael Jackson- that is a great save these days.
Q. Is week 6 recently single? Mary Jo-I am not aware, but will find out tonight
Q. What is your opinion on sex before marriage? Just kidding. That's not a real question. I'm just trying to make sure that you're paying attention.- Mary Jo- wow....thanks Sheana!
Q. Describe at least two outfit choices for the date... in complete detail. Mary Jo- Ohhh...most likely jeans for all outfit choices and whatever is clean. I will admit I have worn the same outfit on quite a few of the dates so far.
Q. If the date goes well, will you invite him to hang out on the 4th?- Mary Jo-if I had plans I would be more than happy to invite him but as of now..i got nothing!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Date # 5! (This week’s questions are brought to you by Sheana, MJ’s best friend from college who lives in LA. Sheana can’t find MJ any dates in OKC, so this is her contribution.)
Q. How did you get set up with this date? Mary Jo-Random.......a friend from last summer suggested we go out.
Q. Do you still get nervous before the dates? Mary Jo- Not as much as I used to before the 52 in 52. I still do get nervous when I am getting ready, I think all girls do.
Q. How much information do you know about him that you haven’t read on Facebook? Mary Jo- I know he liked funky t-shirts, so I am interested to see what he shows up in tonight
Q. Who decided eating cupcakes would be a good first date? Mary Jo- He did..but i do like cupcakes
Q. What kind of cupcake are you? Mary Jo- Can’t remember the name.
Q. What kind of cupcake do you think he is going to get? Mary Jo- I see him as a chocolate guy
Q. Are you going to dinner first or straight for cupcakes? Mary Jo-Cupcakes first, but I believe we are just picking them up and then heading next door for dinner
Q. No matter how well this date goes, where will you be in the beginning of February 2010? Mary Jo- Watching the Olympic with my best friend SHEANA!
Stay tuned for a post date update tomorrow!
Monday, June 22, 2009
Friday, June 19, 2009
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Monday, June 8, 2009
5. Will you let him win if you happen to have a super A+ bowling day? Hell no.....a Jayhawk never lets a Memphis fan win! (he is a Memphis fan and a sore loser from the 2008 national championship game)
6. How are you feeling as you think about the date? I am not the best bowler, but besides that I am excited about this one. From what communications we have had, he seems to be a fun, laid-back guy!
7. Does the suitor know that you are doing 52in52? Yes..he is aware of the 52 in 52.
8. Since you don't like beer, what are you planning on drinking during the date? Mojito! They have great ones!
9. Have you stalked this particular suitor online yet? If no, can I stalk him for you? I have not done much stalking honestly....and even if I said no, Allison, you would still stalk him on your own. You are so talented in that area. (FYI, I am not an online stalker...)