Monday, July 27, 2009

Either you have it or you don't...

So as most of you know from the pre-date interview, I had two dates this weekend. A doubleheader, if i can use that baseball term again in this post. 

Date #8- We meet for a late night movie at Harkins in Bricktown. It was great to see him again and we had a chance to play some arcade games before the movie. (I swear every boys is a pro at any game that involves shooting a gun).  I had a nice time and loved the movie The Ugly Truth. I will admit that watching a movie about dating while you are on a date is quite akward. There were numerous comments i could tell we both laughed at based on that fact that they applied to our situation. Date #8 is a total gentleman and walked to me all the way back to my door step.  It was a nice date....

Date #9- This was a complete blind date. I had no idea what the guy was gonna look like when I  walked into the restaurant.  I was pleasantly surprised :)  We had a great dinner in Bricktown full of wonderful conversation and laughter.  We headed over to the Redhawks game and had seats right behind the visitor's dug out. It was like we were on the field we were so close. The entire time we were both paranoid about getting hit by a foul ball. (It would be my luck that I would get hit....but we made it through). Honestly, I know the Redhawks lost but we talked throughout the entire game that we really didn't pay attention.  We hit it off and couldn't stop cracking jokes and laughing.  I always thought baseball games went on forever but on this evening i would of been happy to sit through extra innings. 

After the date we walked back to his car for him to drive me back to my house. He asked if I would be willing to extend the date a bit and go get a drink. Of course I said yes and we headed straight to SONIC for a "drink". (You know how much i LOVE Sonic so I was totally down with it). After we finished our treats from Sonic, Date #9 drove me back to my house and was super sweet at the end of the date. You always wonder how the date is going to end..if he going to kiss me or not, if he says he is going to call you or not....there is a lot going through a girls head.  He was cute enough to ask if he could give me a good night kiss...which made my night. Gotta love when guys just come out and say it! 

As I continue on this dating adventure I am really beginning to learn that either you have it or you don't. It=CHEMISTRY. Although you can think someone is fantastic and truly interesting sometimes you just can't force chemistry to be there.  I have found myself wanting to give a few of the bachelors a second chance because I think the world of them, but the ugly truth is starting to appear to me. You really know on the first date if it is there. 

So.....saying that Date #9 will also be Date #10 this week.  




2 comments:

  1. WOOHOO! Glad your dates went so well. Can't wait to hear about date 10!

    and you broke your parents rule on both dates. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to hear about #10!!! holla!

    ReplyDelete