Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Date #5- Salute your Shorts!

I will get to why this blog is titled salute our shorts....it is not a sexual reference, so no need to make that joke to yourself just yet! 

The date actually started at Sara Sara cupcake, where we picked up cupcakes to go! Date #5 was worried that we wouldn't make it before they closed the doors on cupcake heaven. So, you all are wondering what kind of cupcake we each ordered: 
Mary Jo- Peach Cobbler
Date #5- Lemon Poppy Seed 
And I really do think that Date #5 could be described as "lemon poppy seed".  He was unique and quirky in his own way. I could go on with the metaphor..but it could get fruity. Ok..back to the date details...

We headed next door to Iquana Lounge for margaritas and dinner. I always order the same thing at the Iquana...and I LOVE IT! So I was a happy camper when it came to dinner. We had good conversation ranging from the standard job/work/career discussion all the way to my inability to discuss  or even hear about shots, needles and blood. (Date #5 started some story about shots in his eye..and i had to draw the line right there or i would of passed out at the dinner table). 

Date #5 was very witty and intelligent. He has a funky sense of humor paired with the smarts of an engineer which makes for an interesting unexpected combination. I was continuously surprised Date #5 and his interests and hobbies. Unexpected. 

Unexpected. Here is an example. At the end of the date, he asked me "Do you like Nickelodeon?" My first thought was, "Yeah, when I was 7".  This is where the classic Nickelodeon comedy "Salute Your Shorts" made it into conversation. It appears the Date #5 collects random TV shows and has every episode of this classic Nick show on tape. So we went back to his downtown apartment and watched an episode and enjoyed our cupcakes. FLASHBACK to to 1991!  



So to sum it up, the night was full of witty conversation and good laughs.  The only caveat to this date was the fact that it was recommended by a guy i have previously dated. Always an interesting subject to discuss on a first date.  I will give it to date #5 because he was able to hold off and not ask me about it till the tail end of the evening. I had a great time and hope Date #5 enjoyed the evening. 

No specific date set for Week 6, so if you have any suggestions: SEND THEM MY WAY! 

ALERT.....we may have a repeat dater on our hands. So keep reading for updates on this particular bachelor! 

2 comments:

  1. hmmm...is it #3 or #5? I'm pulling for #3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peach Cobbler is better. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete