Monday, July 13, 2009

Date #7 Repeat Date Update

As I revealed in the pre-date interview, Week #7 was a repeat dater!  This was the first 2nd date of the bunch and I was excited about the opportunity to hang out with him again. This date was back in my home state of Kansas, so I let Date #3 do all of the planning. (I planned our date here in OKC). Date #3 would not reveal his plans for the upcoming date which I will admit I had a hard time with. I am normally the girl with a plan, so it was difficult for me to be out of the loop. 

Now, I bring up the planning portion of the date, because Date #3/7 plans all blew up in our face. I felt so bad for him because we just seemed to have bad luck everywhere we went.  None of this bothered me but I could tell he was getting frustrated that the movie was sold out, the restaurant was packed and the driving range was closed. But hey..what can you do by just go along with it. So we made the best of it and changed our plans. I know he had some wonderful surprises planned for me but he ran out of time to pull them all off and I forced him to ruin the surprise and tell me anyway! :) There is always next time for a rooftop dinner... 

Date #3 had a rough day at work and couldn't seem to shake the headache. He was a trooper though and never gave up on the date even though he wasn't running at 100%. The poor thing even took a cat nap during the movie....:)

I think the most interesting part of this date was really that fact that this was the 2nd date, which vastly differs from the first.  A first date is really kinda easy. You have so many topics to cover and most of the time you are just having surface level conversations. When you get to the second date you really have to take what you learned about the person and see if you can fit the puzzle pieces together to see if the two of you fit and have more than just a few common interests.  Honestly, I would think that most women would agree that Date #2 is the most difficult and telling.

That being said, I am hopeful to go on more 2nd dates throughout this process that I originally intended as these seem to be more in-depth.  Maybe there is a Date #3 in the future..we will just have to wait and see. 




No comments:

Post a Comment