Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Date #2-Bowling was a Bust

Well everyone, tour guide barbie didn't do so well planning ahead for this date. Did i think to call ahead and check the availability of lanes for the night? Of COURSE NOT! Who thinks Red Pin would be all booked up on a Tuesday night. So....no bowling occurred but don't you worry my friends! The date was still ON! (even though i had to leave my Santa Clause socks in my purse for the night). 

Once we figured out that the bowling was a no go, we decided to go ahead and stick it out at the bar to have some drinks and dinner.  Now, for those of you that read the pre-date interview, i mentioned that Date #2 was a Memphis fan...and could be considered a bit bitter.(who wouldn't be after that lost in the championship game to my beloved Jayhawks).  I tried my best to steer clear of the subject, but you all know me. Who can resist making a few jabs here and there about a missed free throw or two or three??? How do you really lose a lead of 9 in just 2:09! Sorry..getting off topic here. 

Interesting dilemma i never foresaw....Date #2 had the same first name as my brother.  I have never really run into this one before, so it was hard for me to not think of my big bro at random moments throughout the date. Honestly, they both had quite a personality few traits in common so i would of made the connection no matter what Date #2's name was. I love my brother..so date #2 should consider this a good thing. 

This date required me to draw on my college sports knowledge but i was lost when it came to baseball. Date #2 played in college, so had me beat in regards to this sport. That has never really been a "ball" sport that I have really cared to watch. Although I respect that it is America's past time, I don't have to like it. Which i don't...sorry to all you baseball fans! 

Throughout this process, I will have the chance to learn about the interworking of the "FIRST DATE" (i am going on 52 of them for gosh sakes).   

First lesson learned: when a guy brings up his ex-girlfriend of only two weeks..he is not over it. No matter how much he says he doesn't care.  Date #2 just went through a hard breakup, and this subject came up within the first 20 minutes of conversation. Now i am all for taking about the past, but it was obvious feeling were still hurt. I hope Date #2 had a nice time out last night and i could be a good distraction for him. I know i enjoyed it. 

The date ended well. A challenge of another bowling match was extended so we will see if Date #2 is willing to get schooled at the bowling alley!  

UPDATE: Date #3 has to postpone due to work, but NO WORRIES...we got two dates already on the books for next week! 

Happy dating! 









2 comments:

  1. love the face lift! but the text is hard to read...there's not enough contrast from the grey to black...sorry to complain, but you know how I love design!!!

    my favorite parts...christmas socks, (i think you ought to wear them if the bowling challenge gets picked up, even if you have clean ones) I also love the lesson learned, tough break bachelor #2, but if you spend too much time licking your wounds you might miss out on what's right in front of you!! Go MJ!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would love to head #2's side. does someone really bring up an ex out of the blue on a first date in the first 20 minutes?

    ReplyDelete