Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Date 11- 3peat

After going to dinner with a close friend who is an avid reader of the blog, I have been told i must be 100% honest about my dates and not hide any from you all. So....Date #11 occurred last night! you guessed it, it was the same bachelor from the past two dates. You could now call him a three-peat! 

The person who helped set up the initial date hosts a local comedy show here in OKC at the Speak Easy. So we based our date around attending. Now i did this knowingly that my friends were likely to show up for the show to scout out the date. (and of course..you know they did). 

We started the night with a great dinner at Pepperoni Grill. I only name the restaurant this time b/c it is based in Penn Square Mall which will play into my stories later.  First off, Date #11 informed me early on that he was a same side of the booth kind of guy. Now, although I can see the appeal of this seating arrangement I have always made fun of those that actually commit to it in public. So, when the hostess sat us down at a corner booth, I will admit I have a small moment of panic that he would slide in right next to me.  Silly, i know but at the same time i am not sure it i am ready for a same side kinda meal at this point in my dating adventure!  (for the record, I sat on my own side alone :))

Our booth also offered a great view of the mall entrance which provided numerous topics for conversation. Who knew how many teenagers walk the mall with their boyfriends on a Monday night. I must of missed that step in the dating hierarchy.  Not to worry, Date #11 and I decided to head back to our teenage years and take a lap around the mall before we headed to the comedy show.  Still had a hard time seeing the appeal, but now I can check that off the list. 

You can learn a lot about a person when you see what they think is funny. A guess a great place is at a comedy show. You can always tell what my reactions are because my laugh is so distinctive. ( a girl i meet twice said she recognized my laugh over the rest of the crowds...not surprising to those of you who know me).  I was intrigued at my dates reaction to some of the hot topics because I know our political beliefs are on opposite ends of the spectrum. Its nice to see we could both laugh at ourselves. :)

The date followed the same path at the first one and we decided to head back to Sonic for another sweet treat! (He has found the way to my heart....hahaha!) There are currently no plans for another date but am hopeful! 

Now....I have gotten quote a few questions from all of you about if i actually begin to "fall" for one of these boys.  Honestly, I am not sure what I will do if that happens but as my dad says..we will cross that bridge when we get there. I am still on the hunt to go on 52 dates and am looking forward to continuing the journey! Wherever it takes me.....who knows! 

Stayed tuned...plans for a date for the weekend may be in the works 

1 comment:

  1. Shameless Plug...Mondays Don't Suck at the Speakeasy, recreate the magic of Mary Jo's 3-peat this Monday night...8:30 at the 51st Street Speakeasy. I hear the headliner is quite a handsome comic!! :)

    PS MJ I am proud of you for taking a lap at the mall. Think of the appeal as a 13 year old, this is most likely the only place watchful parents let their teens roam wild. So, lapping it up at the mall is most likely a teen hot spot! like, duh, for sure!

    ReplyDelete