Monday, August 10, 2009

Date #12...Lesson learned

Over the weekend I took a road trip back to Wichita and went on Date #12 which we will refer to as a non-date because apparently the word date brings pressure with it.  This was a repeat dater....which I think thats where to pressure comes from not the word date. But I went with it. 

Date #12 (more commonly known as Date #3) went the low key route for our date and invited me over for pizza and a movie.  It was actually nice to lay low for an evening and enjoy each others company.  I even had a chance to give Guitar Hero a try....this is what I will now refer to as the guys version of Dance Dance Revolution. At least I kicked his ass the first time at DDR!. 

As I continue on this dating journey, I have found myself learning quite a few life lessons as we move along and I thought it might be time to start sharing them with all of you. Some are very funny and others are really things that will help me figure out this dating thing, but tonight the focus will be more on the serious side.  
    Lesson #1: Expectation-communication=frustration 
    Explanation:  With any first date comes a flood of ideas or expectations of where it will or       could lead to.  In the context of the 52 in 52, I am finding out that men and women's expectations of a "date" are very different.   Honestly, my expectations are more in line with a guys in this process than one would expect from me.  Shouldn't be a problem unless  I actually find myself liking one of them.  I found that I have already set myself up to fail because the expectations I set from the beginning are now not in line with my feelings. This is where COMMUNICATION is key.  With this process, I have to learn to communicate my feelings,  unlike the average girl who just gives off hints (that she is interested) that she expects boys to pick up on. Here is the FRUSTRATION: My "hints" go against the expectations that I have already set, hence the need for me to COMMUNICATE. 

I have never been that strong of a communicator in the boys department, so this lesson is a tough one for me to put into practice. But hey, I still have 40 dates to go! 

New dater scheduled for for Thursday! Look forward to the pre-date interview this week! 




1 comment:

  1. So, here's the deal. It is hard for me to keep track of all these date#s/repeat daters in my head. Would you consider giving them fake names or nicknames?

    ReplyDelete