Wednesday, June 3, 2009

1 down 51 to go

Before we get into the first date details, i wanted to clear up a few things that people have asked regarding the purpose of the blog.  Many young men have been worried that this blog would just turn into a boy bashing blog. For those of you that know me well, know if anything this would be more of a Mary Jo embarrassing moments blog than anything else.  It is not my goal to humiliate anyone besides myself with this social experiment..so no worries fellas! (No names will be used..so you are all safe to date me!)

Ok..now onto the date details.....

Honestly, i was running late due to a phone conversation with my boss (the brains behind this dating campaign) when i looked up an realized i was going to be late on the first date. What a way to start...if that is not enough, I was a wink and smile away from being pulled over for wreck less driving. (there is a funky intersection downtown that i never know who has the right away and apparently I like to turn out in front of moving cop cars).  OK never mind that, back to the matter at hand, THE DATE! 

I was nervous walking in that I would have to wonder the restaurant with that "I am not sure who I am looking for face"but to my pleasure "Week #1" (this is the proposed nickname for the guy) was waiting right by the front door. We sat in the bar and have a great deal of laughs with the bartender. Apparently my lack of love for beer did not go over well with the bartender and he was determined to find a beer i liked.  With the hundreds of options, we were bound to find at least one. (i only like the beer that tasted like a raspberry wine cooler..go figure). 

Conversation was great and lighthearted as "week #1" was interested in my motives and plan for the 52 in 52 campaign. Once we got past the logistics and reasoning behind the whole thing, the date was off and running! 

I could not of asked for a better way to start 52 in 52. The conversation was intelligent and very personable. "Week #1" even felt comfortable enough  to call me MJ, which is something that I notice but others may not. We talked about sports, oklahoma city hot topics, greek life, food, high school nerd activities we both participated in, and much much more. "Week #1" is a lawyer, so you may expect a very analytical in-personable guy, but we was quite the opposite.  I had a wonderful time getting to know him and even learning more about the "Sooners". (blah) 

So....this date gets a THUMBS UP! Sadly I know all 52 will not go this well, so stay tuned...
  

 




2 comments:

  1. A nick name is a must. Do I need to edit the rules to include this???

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad to hear things are off to a good start... can't believe this crazy challenge i witnessed has come to fruition... :)

    ReplyDelete