Monday, December 14, 2009

No longer feeling guilty..but a little hit on my ego

If you have been keeping up with my post you will know that the past few months I have been been filled with guilt because I felt terrible that one of the bachelors that I have been dating was not aware of the 52 in 52 program and /or blog.

I AM NOW GUILT FREE!!!! Many of you may be thinking that I came clean with the fella, but that is not the case!

Let me start from the beginning:
If you remember I met this guy on an online dating website. At first I was sure that it would lead to nothing, so I chose to leave my little dating adventure out of conversation. One thing lead to another and we have been what my friends keep calling "dating" for a few months now. (all the while I have continued to rack up the dates with other bachelors). Recently I have posted about how I felt that this guy may be getting more into this that I originally planned and that the guilt of 52 in 52 started to consume me. (see date 29 post for more details).

Since I had such great luck finding dates on this website, I have recommended it to many friends. One (who will remain nameless) just recently signed on and was overwhelmed with messages (as she should be b/c she is AMAZING). Tonight she was so overwhelmed that I offered to filter through her messages and delete out all of the "junk". To my surprise the first message I came across was from THE BOY THAT I AM DATING!!!!!

I might have died laughing at the ironic nature of this considering that I had been guilt strucken for so long thinking he had the hots for me when all along it appears he has "keep his options open." I know I have no room to be mad or hurt considering my situation but for some reason it was a small blow to my ego while at the same time quite a relief!

NOW...the questions remains, do I bring it up to him as a way to come clean on the 52 in 52....or just let it slide? Suggestions?




8 comments:

  1. Put a blow to his ego and let him in on you secret. I mean it had to come out at some point anyways!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guilt be gone! I think it's an appropriate time to bring it up with him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. COME CLEAN COME CLEAN COME CLEAN COME CLEAN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been talking to the guy long enough now at this point where, if something were going to happen, it would have by now. Unless you have strong feelings on the issue, I'd stop seeing this particular bachelor. That way you can avoid bringing it up with him (you don't HAVE to!) and you also avoid a guy that's been keeping his options open. Win-win for MJ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has your "nameless" friend gone out with him? If not, she should schedule a date with him and then you show up where they are! It will totally embarrass him and be very funny for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What does your gut say MJ...I'd go with that :) loooove the blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like S. Lenox's idea. Muahahahahahahaa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mallen is wise. I like his advice best.

    ReplyDelete