Monday, August 24, 2009

Date 14- B/c he didn't know

As I mentioned before I left for Date 14, this bachelor is not aware of the 52 in 52 campaign. Now many of you have expressed your concern with me not sharing this fact with him on the first date. Quote from Allison.. "but when you fall in love with this one and he finds out on facebook that you lied to him, what will happen then.." My answer to this, add it to the movie plot that you are all undoubtedly mentally writing about my dates but I will cross that bridge when I get there!

Now, this was the first date of all of them that was not aware of the dating campaign. As I was walking to Bricktown before the date, I realized that this guy is actually interested in finding a girlfriend instead of just seeing what this 52 in 52 is all about. This is the first time I have been nervous on ANY of my dates. Honestly, I think the 52 in 52 has been a crutch for me on my dates. An easy ice breaker and helps take off the pressure. I could tell he was nervous. This was new for me b/c I don't think any of the previous dates have been terribly nervous.

We sat and chatted for almost a few hours. It was very easy conversation and I could tell as we kept talking that we were both letting more of our personality show through. I sense we are both pretty sarcastic people, but you never know how a stranger will respond to your sarcastic commentary, so I try to turn it on low for first dates. Conversation remained on pretty generic topics about jobs, friends, family, football, etc. I think Date 14 was feeling me out to see if he wanted to move onto the next step in dating...lunch! And he does.....Date 15 is lunch.

I wish I could really articulate for all of you the difference from this date from the others. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to go on dates with a few more bachelors who are unaware and get a better sense of the differences in the dynamic of the date. So..do you part and set me up!!! :)

Keep reading...we are officially in the 2nd quarter and need to keep the momentum going in halftime!



1 comment:

  1. I did say that! However, I think it is a great and interesting thing that this one doesn't know about 52. Can't wait to see the progress with date 14. We are going to nickname him "official blind" date.

    ReplyDelete