Monday, June 22, 2009

DAte #4- A family affair

So Date #4 occurred on Saturday evening. (I apologize for the late posting.....). 

Now this date was a bit differnt because not only was it a blind date with an eligible bachelor, it was also a double date with his sister and her husband.  Talk about pressure! Try going on a date with three other people. 

The happy family picked me up and we headed to the Olive Garden (the best salad and breadsticks in town I may add). Now the thing about going out with a family is they have tons of inside jokes and common experiences, so sometimes I felt like I missed a memo when they would get talking, but they ALL did a great job trying to include me.  I know my family can be the worst at this..so i understood. 

The thing that made me laugh about this blind date was that their friends and family were weary of ME being a crazy psycho who stabs them all to death. Now..when you think about it, I was the one at the disadvantage here. They had the 3:1 advantage across the board, so I was not a threat to them, even if I wanted to be. Now they were Sooner fans...soooo things could of gotten out of hand if they would of pushed a few of my buttons! (HAHA) 

Now after dinner we headed to the new Warren Theatre here in OKC. Now for those of you Wichita natives reading the blog, we all know and love the Warren so it felt just like home to me. But these new comers from Oklahoma were much more impressed by the theatre in general. We decided to see The Hangover, even though i had already seen it. It was still funny the second time and I even picked up on some of the details! 

Now this entire family was from Guthrie, Oklahoma. The only thing I know about Guthrie is that I drive right by the exit on I-35 on my way back to Kansas and it was the original capital of the state of Oklahoma.  They all had a great sense of pride for their hometown and loved everything about. I guess you could all say, that I am not a small town girl...so it was fun to hear about their life in Guthrie! I did catch myself humming the Donny and Marie song.."I'm a little big country, I'm a little bit rock and roll." HA! 

All and all, I will say that I doubt I got on a triple blind date again but it was a great chance to meet some interesting people.  With everyone there, it was hard to get to know much about any one single person but I hope they got to know me a bit and had an enjoyable time. 

Well...Date #5 is set for Tuesday...so keep reading. 


1 comment:

  1. I heard all 3 had a good time. And I was told "She hung in with the three of us very well."

    ReplyDelete