Wednesday, May 5, 2010

DAte 45- I guess you can call me "yeller"

Date 45 took this thing to the next level when it comes to actually planning a date. I have to commend him for trying to steer clear of clique dating trends and thinking outside the box......! If only I wasn't a big chicken!

Normally I post a pre-date interview on the blog to preview to all of you out there my thoughts and knowledge on the bachelor, date plans,etc. Well,... Date 45 beat me to it and actually sent me a pre-date questionnaire. I have included his questions below....

Here's your pre-date questionnaire to help me firm up the options that I am weighing for our date.
1. Are you a smoker?
2. Are you afraid of heights?
3. Is there any kind of food that you just DON"T like?
4. Can you do the moonwalk?
5. Would you walk under a ladder or cross the path of a black cat?
6. Can you crack an egg without getting shell in the pan?
7. I'll bet you're really freaking out right now! :)
8. Don't get too worked up.
9. Remember....
10. No pressure.

Well, how bout that! Without hesitation I fired back my response knowing that this was not going to be your average "date." So, it was determined that we would meet up at Star-bucks and that I was suppose to bring tennis shoes. So..I packed some shoes in my purse and marched myself down to Bricktown to meet this bachelor. Within seconds we met, and hoped in the car and headed north on I-35. Now, I did know that Date 45 works in entertainment doing stunts, so the second we pulled into Frontier City I started to crack up.

The park was closed down and Date 45 took me to the old country western set in the middle of the park to attempt to learn some stunts. Honestly, I kinda actually felt like I was on the show the Bachelorette for a second, because this felt very staged but cool at the same time. When he turned the stage lights on and started performing his stunts....I gave in.

My stunt was to fall off the 3rd story holding onto a ladder. Simple.....Yes! It appears that way until you are standing on top of this ladder with the 45-mph gusts of winds blowing in your face. I think I might of "attempted" this stunt like 6 times but every time I got close I chickened out. Date 45 was a WONDERFUL teacher and NEVER made me feel silly for chickening out but I was mad at me. I kept flashing back to the movie "Back to the Future 3" (the wild west one) where they call him yeller...aka chicken. As I am sitting in this western themed set I could feel the criticism and people calling me chicken. "Nobody calls me yeller"...Except in this case of course because I totally chickened out.


After giving in and leaving the park, I already know that I have to go back to conquer this stupid stunt. (Mark my words on this one..I will do it)

We headed to dinner back in downtown and ended up being THOSE PEOPLE, who sneak into a restaurant right before they close and expect to be served. Lucky for us the bartender was cool and actually sat in on this portion of the date. Honestly, he never left the bar and we talked to him the entire time. I think he might of enjoyed being on the date more than Date 45 or myself.

After dinner Date 45 challenged me to a game of darts at Tapworks! Now, I have never played before for real but I gave it my best shot. Never won, but I hit the board. Most of the time...! We meet some Canadians on our date who also thought it would be cool to play a supporting role in this story instead of just making a cameo appearance. But hey...they are Canadians: They don't know better. They actually LOVED the fact that we were on a blind date and kept telling stories of how one of them married their blind date. Cute huh.....

Overall, there were 7 people on this date:
1) ME
2) Date 45
3) The ladder
4) The bartender
5) Canadian #1
6) Canadian #2
and

7) the guy that set us up...someone couldn't stop text messaging to check in on us!

To sum it all up, I had a blast! I could tell Date 45 put some effort into making this fun for both of us and I am sure he accomplished that for sure.

This leaves me with 7 dates to go....HELP!!!



1 comment:

  1. MJ I can't belive your almost done with this adventure..LOVE IT..seriosuly I absolutely love this whole adventrure of yours

    ReplyDelete