Thursday, April 29, 2010

Date 44- OKC Arts Festival

As I look back over my dating adventure, I have noticed that I have attending some of OKC's best annual events so it made sense to include the OKC Arts Festival in the mix of great Oklahoma City events to attend.

Since Date 42 outline all of the benefits of going to the Museum of Art on a date, all of the same rules apply to this date with the addition of food and lots of people! Alright onto the details of Date 44....

Many of you may remember Date 38 that occurred on St. Patrick's Day..well, this he is back for a second dose of MJ. The cool thing about this bachelor is that we had not seen each other in over a month but he wasn't afraid to just give me a call out of the blue to see if I was interested in hanging out. How refreshing....I know that I shy off if contact has been lacking since the initial date. It is easier to just let it fizzle out than try to strike another match. Props to Date 38/44!

Ok, so Date 44 had a car issue so he asked me to come pick him up. Now this is not an issue, but it did feel funny to go pick up my date. The funny part was I actually thought I should open the car door for him.......I refrained myself but it did cross my mind. HA! I don't know how you boys do it. It felt funny to drive my date back to Bricktown but I did get to show of my AWESOME parallel parking skills. Date 44 even comments on how kick ass they were. (See everyone, all women are not bad drivers!!)

Now, the art at the festival is a bit more festive and commercial than we one can find in the art museum. But, one downfall is that you can't make fun of it because the artist is sitting two feet from you. Art from 1600 doesn't present this issue so I had to quickly learn to keep my comments to myself. Or at least wait till we walked away. Date 44 helped me spot some awesome art but I didn't get a chance to actually purchase anything this year. But....my favorite quote that I spotted was "The deadline for complaints was yesterday." How awesome is that! I am so hanging that on my office door.

Now, some people will say the main reason for going to the festival is for the art but we all know it is for the food. Now Date 44 is on a vegetarian kick which limits his options so I laughed to myself when he sat down with a rice bowl thing and I come with a spicy brat covered in onions. Another role reversal....who knows but I should really thing about ordering a wiener on a date...lol! And of course, I wouldn't leave until we got the fried peaches!! SOOO GOOD!!!! And I will say that Date 44 enjoyed a few bits as well, but I handled that dessert

Ok, now the funny part of this date! I will admit I dressed a bit preppy for this evenings occasion with top siders, button up with matching sweater and scarf. I thought it was cute but looking back I will admit it was a bit much. Date 44 has a unique laid back style that if I must classify I would put in the alternative/ hippie arena but nothing crazy. When we ran into a large group of his friends at the festival......I realized how much I stuck out. The game from Sesame Street came to mind. "One of these things is not like the other, one of these things doesn't belong." I tried my best to act cool in this moment but I have never wished harder to be wearing a headband that I made myself out of bamboo or something organic. Oh well.....they were all nice and I am hoping the didn't notice my extreme preppiness but that is doubtful. Date 44 is so laid back, I doubt it event matters!

I have really enjoyed getting to know Date 44 over the course of 2 dates and think he is a pretty neat fella! This is exactly what I wanted to come from this experience...the chance to meet people I would have never crossed paths with otherwise.

To recap, I have been on Date 45 and will blog about that soon along with another interesting topic. People's reaction to my adventure. It always seems to come out in a new group of people and I am still amazed at the reactions I get......keep reading to hear about both!

ONLY 7 more.....and one month to do it! Help a girl out

No comments:

Post a Comment