Monday, May 31, 2010

Date 50- What's the Difference

Date 50

This was date #3 in 3 days, so I don't think Date 50 had much of a chance to succeed with me. I could write about our conversation but I thought it would be more fitting for me to list the red flags comments that Date 50 uttered over the course of the evening. After this many first dates people keep asking if I have found what I am looking for. I haven't found it, but I had figured out a few things that are a plus.

Red Flags:
  • When asked what he does for fun, he answered "Scrabble on my phone"
  • When asked about his family, he mentioned that he wasn't close with his family and hadn't talked to his brother in years.
  • Somehow gambling came up, and he mentioned being addicted to it...
  • His favorite movie (yes...i had to dig to make conversation) is Top Gun. Typical
  • And to top it off, he is just separated, not divorced legally yet. BUt don't worry everyone he hates his ex-wife or I mean wife.
I could go on and on with the red flags but to top it all off he still contacted me after the date to see if I would want to go out again. I tried to be as nice as I could but I didn't think I gave off that impression. Dating is a rough game of reality checks and I had another one tonight. Divorce is scary...I pray that I never know that fear.

What am I a looking for....
  • Someone who cares about their family
  • Someone who believes in love and relationships
  • Someone who is funny and laughs at my jokes
  • Someone who makes me laugh
  • Someone who is driven in the workplace
  • Someone with hobbies
  • Someone who is a REAL sports fan
  • And so on.......

I guess I am still looking for this "someone"


1 comment:

  1. MJ I seriously don't want your blog to end, I love reading about some of these gems

    ReplyDelete