Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Date 40- Rock Climbing.....how cute can you look doing that?

This past week I got grilled by a group of friends about the "perfect" date and what the skeleton of this so called date would look like for a guy to use to plan off of. It was hilarious to field all of these questions because to be honest there really isn't a true answer. But I do have a few thoughts on it, that Date 40 could of used.

Date 40 Recap:
I met Date 40 at OKC Rocks, a local rock climbing joint in OKC. Now, the last time I went rock climbing was my freshman year of college, so it has been awhile. What does one wear to go rock climbing and a date at the same time?? I struggled with this but ended up in a hat, tennis shoes and the "cutest" work out clothes I have. Not my normal first date attire!

Right out of the gate, Date 40 and I had to get our harnesses on! Not a lady like adventure, but I went along with it. Rock climbing is a team activity so we had to work together right off the bat. I will admit it is hard to try to impress someone climbing rocks, but I sure tried. I was actually proud of myself because I made it up both of the walls I attempted. Now, my muffin top was hanging out the entire time, but that is beside the point.

Now, the next part is a learning lesson for Date #40 and any other gentleman. I had parked my car in another lot so I asked Date 40 to a ride to my car since it was raining. He was happy to drive me over. When he dropped me off, before I even got my hand on the car door, he drove off. Now, this caught me a bit off guard. My parents taught me that whenever you drop someone off at the car or house, you wait for them to get in the door or till the car starts just to make sure they are ok. When Dat 40 pulled off......I feel like that demonstrated a lot. This doesn't make him a bad person, but it does lead me to think he is not the most considerate of folk.

After going home to change clothes, I met Date 40 and his roommate and roommate's girlfriend for dinner in Bricktown. Although they were very interesting people and it made it easier to carry conversation, I don't think that a double date is the way to go on the first date. It is difficult to get to know someone when you are the only one at the table who doesn't know everyone. Inside jokes and funny memories are hard to keep straight when you are new to the group. After dinner, Date 40 suggested that we meet up with more friends at another bar in NW OKC. Now....I would of preferred to stay in Bricktown or just call it a night, but I went along for the ride. Here is my point, no need to keep adding on activities to a date on the fly. It is ok to just let it come to a close naturally and not force it. The last hour was difficult because the plan didn't really pan out. I guess I am saying end on a high note!

There are so many potential topics to discuss with this particular date but I will keep it short and sweet!

Date 41 is planned for Friday...so keep reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment