Sunday, March 14, 2010

Date 37:Everyone has a first time

I am one step closer to completing this adventure and I can honestly say every day is still an experience that I can learn from. Ok......lets discuss Date 37.

Date 37 was one of the few bachelors that volunteering himself to be part of my crazy social experiment. I will admit, this intrigued me that someone would think of it as a privilege to go on a date with me. After a last minute change of plans, we decided to meet at the Skrivin Red Piano Bar for a drink before heading over to the Thunder Season Ticket Holder Appreciation event. I knew that I would run into people that I know at both venues, but it started to appear like I was a regular at the bar because I am pretty sure that 4-5 people walked right up to say hello. I won't lie, but I think Date 37 might of been a bit intimated by this.

After the initial introduction and small talk about jobs, families and hobbies I jumped right in and asked Date 37 why he stepped up and decided to take me out on a date. He answer was so genuine. He said, "I have never been on a blind date before and I thought it would be a good chance for me to get out there and take a risk." Not everyone is willing to leave their comfort zone and for him to do it in such a open forum was something I respect. Because honestly, I had the same feeling when I started this journey.

During our date we discussed the art of the blind date and I felt like an old seasoned pro passing tips along to the rookie. A year ago, I would of never imagined myself even playing that role in a conversation about dating. Date 37 was truly an interesting person. A small business owner, fraternity member, active role in politics here in Oklahoma and a fine knowledge of the establishments on Western avenue brought about all sorts of conversation topics. Although he was a Thunder fan, he was not a fan of the college basketball game and for me in the month of March....that is strike one. LOL..sad, I know.

After stopping by the Thunder event and seeing some good friends, we walked over to Bricktown for dinner and then he walked me home. Date 37 even thanked me for allowing him to be a part of 52 in 52....can't say that has happened before. Although DAte 37 was VERY NERVOUS about his first time on a blind date and it showed at the beginning, I felt good that he was able to ease into the evening and learn to enjoy getting to know somebody new even if there is a spark or not.

My grandma called me this weekend to ask if I found "LOVE" on this date and sadly I had to report I had not, but I have 15 date to go....so you never know. But at this rate, I'm not holding my breath. (Just crossing my fingers)

Another date scheduled for St. Patricks Day this week.......should be interesting




No comments:

Post a Comment