Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Date 43- Left the City Limits

Date 43 took me out out of the city limits and my normal stomping ground of Bricktown! I headed south to Norman to meet up at a great restaurant. To be honest, I wasn't all that excited about having to drive that far but it was really nice to get out of the rut of Bricktown.

Before I get to far into the details of this one, gotta send props once again to my LOYAL class for another date set up. You all are awesome!

I arrived at the restaurant and realized that I had not done sufficient enough pre-date research to have any idea what this bachelor looks liked. So, I went ahead and sent the "I'm here" text message. I instantly received a message back inviting me to meet him at the bar. He invited me to have a drink, so I ordered a Mojito!! Can't go wrong with those....! (Date 43 informed me that they are a pain to make as a bartender..but I feel like that is what makes them so good).

Now, we met at 9:00pm, so I assumed we would order some dinner upon arrival but as we continued to chat I started to panic that I had assumed incorrectly. Had I misunderstood the timing and now I will starve to death. I know this sounds silly, especially after the roll incident last week, but I worry about stuff like this. I can't drink anything on an empty stomach and then expect to not act a fool. Proven fact......

Date 43 was full on fun, vibrate conversation and we seemed to hit it off right from the start. Conversations flowed and never seemed forced. Always nice not to be reaching for conversation! Had quite a few moments that I feel you all would enjoy...

He ordered for me! Yep...this is a true statement. Still not really sure how I feel about that but apparently Date 43 was good friends with the chef and likes to risk his meal on the whim of the chef. I am a bit more conservative and like to ensure I have chosen something that I know I like. I threw what some of you may call a fit to ensure that I did not end up with fish but I went along with it and ended up with a fantastic meal. I guess it is nice to push your boundaries every once in a while!

Another good story: While Date 43 was in the restroom, I felt a tap on my shoulder. Two college women who seemed to be out having a few glasses of wine had been listening in on my date and were intrigued to find out if I was on a blind date or not. After I confirmed their suspicion, they asked how we got set up which then forced me to go into the readers digest version of 52 in 52. The girls freaked out and LOVED the idea and next think you know I am writing the blog address on a napkin at a bar. Date 43 returned to the bar and I filled him in on our bar neighbors interest in our date. Next thing I know, he has tapped them on the should, covered my ears and asked the ladies how he was doing on the date. I am pretty sure he could not of handled that better. I cracked up......! Now I doubt Date 42 picked up on this but when the girls left they leaned over and said "so is he the winner, or what?" I won't divulge how I answered that question but only time will tell if I am right.

The evening turned out to be filled with good food, good company and good atmosphere. Getting close to the end.......

Date 44 post to come soon......9 dates left! SINGLE DIGITS!





No comments:

Post a Comment