Thursday, January 28, 2010

Date 35- How did he know i LOVED Root Beer

After watching Julie and Julia today during our "ice" day here in OKC, I got inspired to keep this blog moving forward! I can relate to the meltdowns and highs that she experienced while embarking on her year long mission as I have had the same types of moments.

Date #35 seemed to already know me before we even went on the date. I LOVE ROOT BEER, so when he presented the idea of going to "Coits" to grab a root beer I could not resist. It is hard to describe Date #35 without using the word "funny". I am pretty sure I laughed throughout the entire date.

Now, many of you that know me pretty well know that I am not the best decision maker when it comes to my own personal life. These struggles range from picking what kind of candy bar to get at the gas station to determining my profession. (I have gotten better...I did buy a car by myself). So when Date #35 offered me the pick of restaurants I was unable to make a choice. Without even flinching, the bachelor went straight for a coin in his glove box and determined that we would flip for it. Head- Coits Tails- Big Truck Tacos. Now most of the time when you flip for it, you are required to go with the winer but the second it landed on heads I knew I wanted Big Truck tacos. Until the option was taken away, I didn't even know I wanted it.

Now I am hopeful that this doesn't prove to be how all decision in my life turn out, especially in the relationship department. A professor told me once that by not making a choice you are choosing. I think sometime I do that to avoid conflict, etc. But..now I have gotten off subject.

We had a fantastic meal a Big Truck Tacos on NW 23rd in OKC! ( If you have not tried...you NEED TO). COnversation seems to flow with DAte #35 pretty easily. We even tried to analyze some of the patrons at the restaurant and I have to admit that he was much better at the game than I am. I can always spot a first date but a business deal at Big Truck Taco is not the first thing I would of come up with.

After dinner we headed straight to Coits to get that root beer. Now some of you may think this date was not flashy enough for you but honestly it is real life. I don't need expensive dinners or crazy extravagant dates to have a great time. And this was proof. We sat at Coits till they shut down discussing all types of topics.

Date #35 asked me to tell him something about myself that was odd or random. Honestly, I took me a while to come up with anything that I had not already shared with him. Like my love for random musicals, sports or crime shows on TV. Not until the next day did I realize that I do have a random love of Kinkos and office supplies! I love to staple, copy, collate and bind. Weird...I know but I blame OCU for that one with all those crazy projects.

I am really hoping to get to see Date #34/35 again. But only time will tell!

Only 17 dates left on this journey! I can not believe it has gone by this fast but I want to make the most of the last 17. Don't be afraid to set me up.

Keep reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment