Friday, January 15, 2010

Date 34- I was bound to see people I know

Date 34 was a product of the six degrees of separation. Sometimes I forget how 52 in 52 can be an interesting conversations topic for my friends, and their friends and their in-laws, etc.

Date #34 was brought to me by a co-worker! She brought up the idea while at home on the east coast for the holidays and it traveled faster than she could get back to Oklahoma! Next thing I know, I get an email from a prospective bachelor interested in taking me out on the town!

The bachelor suggested that we meet for dinner at a Thai restaurant and then head to a local hot spot to listen to a band. Now, those of you that know me and my lack of taste in good music know that this could of intimated me......but fear not! I sought out advise from my "music" guru who will remained unnamed. I don't deal well with just "listening" to music instead of actually having a conversation. I'm the girl who is afraid of silence....

We meet for dinner and bonded instantly over our taste in condiments. Not a fan of mustard or mayo...my kind of guy. Conversation flowed great! Date #34 was full of energy and excited to learn more about me and my adventure. He proved to be an pretty interesting fellow as well! I am not going to lie, during dinner we had a group of around 10 trannies walk into the restaurant to eat. We spent a good 5 minutes trying to figure out the occasion they were celebrating but our CSI skills were not above par. Honestly, I was great to see that Date 34 has a good attitude when it came to culture!

We finished dinner and headed to a local bar to listen to a band. We walked into the place and it was pretty low key but within 30 minutes the place turned into CityWalk! We could barely hear each other and were surrounded by people at the bar trying to order a drink. Date #34 suggested we try another bar and I was game. On my way to be the bathroom, I did run into a friend who had spotted me on my 52 in 52 date and was hesitant to come up and say hello. I knew I would run into someone I knew eventually, but this was just the beginning!

After arriving at the next bar, Date #34 ran to the restroom while I went in to grab a table. After taking two steps in the door I realized that I recognized about 10 people sitting right inside the door. They were my co-workers who had been waiting with baited breath to embarrass the crap out of me in front of a date! I debated whether to even stick around at the bar or make up some excuse why we couldn't stay....but why lie.

I sat across the bar but in could see all of my friends clear as day. They spend the rest of the evening waving, grinning and chuckling in my direction. They didn't stay long, but of course each of them came over to my table one at a time to say good-bye and introduce themselves to Date #34. Good thing Date 34 had such a great attitude and loved every minute of it.

I admit, I could of run into a lot worse of people in OKC. Honestly, it still makes me chuckle. I had a wonderful time and look forward to seeing Date 34 again!

Not to many dates to go..so get your guys in now! Keep reading b/c I keep dating




No comments:

Post a Comment